Read what Devin Cleary had to say on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ceh-game-changing-credential-devin-cleary/
As a veteran who performed technical duties, I always had a sense of duty to protect in one way or another. As a recent graduate of Computer Science, it was obvious that there are multiple branches of technology to specialize in. For that, I knew I had to go for a reliable training program to obtain specialized skills.
When I started studying the basics of cybersecurity, I felt that it wasn’t enough to reach where I want to be. My long-term goal was to become different from the common applicant in a cybersecurity role. The question simply became, “how can I set myself apart and become unique?” That’s why after the bachelor’s degree, I started with some basic certifications, then came across EC-Council’s roadmap starting with the Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH). I believe C|EH has the potential to validate my abilities to go above and beyond. Also, being C|EH certified depicts that I have a true interest in ethical hacking; that’s why I invested my time on achieving this invaluable credential.
EC-Council’s process to get started was quite easy. One phone call and multiple options were laid out for me. Deciding that the self-paced online program was the best option for me, I was able to start right away. Quickly it was obvious that this isn’t a study the slides and take a test program, but a very detailed, hands-on experience that I have been craving for so long. The instructor would not only go over the material in detail but actually take the time to break down all the concepts using his explanations. Between this and the EC-Council’s hands-on labs, I was able to achieve the C|EH credential in a much quicker time frame than other certifications. And yet, I got a lot of wonderful hands-on experiences, which is the best way of learning, for me.
During my C|EH training, learning real vulnerabilities and the concept of intruding a system was quite a learning experience. The idea that a critical system can be considered safe and in moments later, become unsafe due to a zero-day vulnerability, was fascinating. With resources like Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures and Exploit Database, combined with the power of Nmap and vulnerability scanners, shows the need for cybersecurity professionals. C|EH has some key features –
- Devised, delivered, and highly demanded by the experts of the industry.
- It is an ANSI accredited, and GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) recognized program.
- It complies with DoD Directive 8570 as declared by the United States Department of Defense (DoD).
- It is a hands-on program with more than 40% of class time dedicated to practical learning.
- It comes with iLabs, EC-Council’s virtual labs that simulate a real-time environment.
- It is mapped to the NICE 2.0 framework’s “Protect and Defend” specialty area.
- It covers all the traditional as well as latest topics like IoT hacking, vulnerability analysis, cloud-based attack vectors, and much more.
- It has thousands of tools, which includes Wireshark, Burp Suite Scanner, Metasploit, Nmap, John the Ripper, Nikto, sqlmap, Aircrack-ng and, and many others.
- It offers unique professional credibility on attaining the C|EH credential.
That’s how I concluded, “C|EH as the game-changer” for a security professional!