Ethical hackers are skilled professionals with knowledge of tools and methodologies to uncover vulnerabilities in any organization’s IT infrastructure. On assessing the security posture of a target system, ethical hackers perform penetration testing to assess, verify, and current security issues before the vulnerabilities get exposed to black-hat hackers. A certified ethical hacker does a brilliant job of protecting the organization’s IT assets including crucial data from different kinds of breaches.
Who is a Certified Ethical Hacker?
“To beat a hacker, you need to think like one!”
Certified Ethical Hacker is the one who knows how to identify vulnerabilities in target systems using the same knowledge that of a malicious hacker. An ethical hacker does the job of assessing the security posture of an organization in a lawful and legitimate manner.
What is Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)?
EC-Council delivers the highest quality of industry-recognized cybersecurity certifications. C|EH is one of the most sought-after credentials. The job roles that can be mapped to C|EH are ethical hacker, penetration tester, security analyst, security consultant, network security specialist, site administrator, and security auditor. The C|EH certification opens lucrative security positions in private as well as the government IT sector as it is endorsed by the National Security Agency (NSA), and Department of Defense (DoD).
C|EH Application Process – Eligibility
Attend an official C|EH training
You should attend and complete an official EC-Council training. The training can be attained in two ways – online via iClass platform, or at an EC-Council approved institution without going through the application process.
Attempt without official training
C|EH can be attained without attending official training by fulfilling the following requirements –
- Produce two or more years of documented information security experience.
- Submit C|EH Exam Application with employer’s verification.
- Remit a non-refundable application fee of $100.
- Upon submission, EC-Council will confirm your eligibility via email.
Skills required to attend the C|EH exam successfully
- Strong knowledge of networking, and computer systems.
- Understanding of current security protocols for regularly used operating systems like, Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Ability to hack into network or systems on permission, to assess vulnerabilities.
- Able to perform preventive, corrective and protective countermeasures against malicious attempts.
- Should be proficient in identifying and cracking multiple types of passwords.
- Know the phases and methodologies of ethical hacking.
- Should know how to erase digital evidence of networks and system intrusions.
- Understand encryption techniques and cryptography.
- Adhere to the code of ethics and perform hack under professional conduct.
- Should be aware of common cyberattacks like phishing, social engineering, trojans, insider attacks, identity thefts, etc., and should know how to undertake appropriate evasion techniques and countermeasures.
Want to be a Certified Ethical Hacker, here you go!